Monday, September 24, 2007

Sunday Already?

Another one of those weekends. Easy come, easy go. They always seem to go by fast if you don't hit the ground running at the end of the work day. I've found that on those Friday nights when you just want to crawl on the couch and fall asleep watching a movie, you end up having a rather short weekend. I can only attribute this to the fact that Friday night might as well be a day of the weekend. Even with a fun filled Saturday and Sunday, hiding out on a Friday night always makes the weekend feel short. Now add to that a weekend filled with yard work and you've got, well, no weekend at all.

I am excited, however, about a new toy of mine. A little 14" chain saw. What guy wouldn't want a chain saw? Do I need one, you might argue "no", but let me tell you, I cut down one tree by hand and that was just to prove I could. I'm done proving myself. I have shit to do, and all that matters is getting the job done. Came in handy this weekend when legging up the ligustrums at the driveway, and chopping the one down by the gas meter. The ceder in the front yard, yep, it's next. I just got tired of trying to schedule a time to use the chainsaws from work. I mean, I've been cursing that damn cedar since I moved in! It took me all day to get all the work done. Can you imagine me out there with a hacksaw?

Saturday night we went over to my mother-in-law's for dinner. Let me tell you, it's wonderful having a mother that can cook. But to have a mother-in-law that can cook as well is the jackpot. One thing thats certain is that no matter where you end up for Thanksgiving, dinner is going to to be good. Anyway, she made chili rellenos that will give Z'Tejas a run for their money, and tres leches from a secret recipe translated from Tony's mother in Mexico. Marsha. Tony. Thank you for a wonderful meal!

Just like that. The weekend was over. I certainly DO NOT feel rested. Whatever. At least I get to go hunting with my dad next weekend.

No comments: