Friday, August 31, 2007

Tree Frog


Last weekend I was watering the plants on my porch and came across this little tree frog chillin' in my bromeliad. Had I been in Houston, I might not be surprised, but Austin? With all the limestone, cedar, and dry terrain, one wouldn't think these guys linger. But there it was, it southwest Austin, far from any major source of water. It's one thing to have a bromeliad...I can transport the thing and create an environment, but the frog? How far did he hop his happy ass to get to that choice spot in the shade? It's not like he heard through the grape vine that there was a choice spot just south of Davis St....or did he? Perhaps I didn't know as much as I thought, so I looked it up. Hyla cinerea. I was wrong. It didn't hop here, it walked. Still, what was it doing here?

No comments: